Best Roofing Shingles for Maryland Weather
As a homeowner in Maryland, you recognize that the weather changes constantly. It could be sunny and warm one day, cold and rainy the next. Snow in the morning and rain in the evening. No two days are alike in Maryland. That is why when it comes to selecting the right roof for your home durability and dependability should be at the top of your list! At Roof Right, a Maryland roofing company, we have seen our fair share of durable roofs and failing roofs. That is why we have come up with a list of the best roofing shingles for Maryland weather. That way when you go to replace your roof you can at least do so with some knowledge as to what types of roofing materials to invest in.
The 4 Best Roofing Shingles for Maryland Weather
1. Asphalt Shingles
By far and away, asphalt shingles are the best type of roofing shingles you can install for your home. Due to Maryland’s harsh weather conditions, asphalt shingles are the best choice because of their ability to be fire resistant, wind-resistant, and blue-green algae resistant. Not only are asphalt shingles durable, they are also made of high-quality materials, are versatile, and are budget-friendly. Overall you cannot go wrong with installing asphalt shingles on your roof. Here at Roof Right, we carry 3 of the top asphalt shingle brands.
For homeowners seeking true peace of mind, CertainTeed Landmark Series Shingles are made of high-quality materials and provide you with a reliable choice for beautifying and protecting your home. With a dual-layered design that emulates the dimensionally of true wood shake, CertainTeed landmark shingles offer the heaviest weight and widest array of color options in their class, allowing you to create or re-create the ideal look for your home with confidence. Backed by a 100+ year legacy of trusted manufacturing performance, all CertainTeed landmark shingles include an industry-leading lifetime-limited warranty
GAF Timberline HD Shingles
Most homeowners in North America rely on GAF Timberline Shingles more than any other brand! They offer just the right combination of beauty, performance, and reliability – and are the best value in roofing today! The come with features such as:
- Great Value: Architecturally stylish but practically priced – with a lifetime limited warranty!
- Dimensional Look: Features GAF proprietary color blends and enhanced shadow effect for a genuine wood-shake look.
- High Performance: Designed with Advanced Protection® Shingle Technology.
- StainGuard® Algae Protection: Helps ensure the beauty of your roof against unsightly blue-green algae.
- Highest Roofing Fire Rating: UL Class A, Listed to ANSI/UL 790.
- WindProven™ Limited Wind Warranty: When installed with the required combination of GAF Accessories, Timberline® HDZ™ Shingles are eligible for an industry first: a wind warranty with no maximum wind speed limitation.
- LayerLock™ Technology: Proprietary technology mechanically fuses the common bond between overlapping shingle layers.
- Up to 99.9% nailing accuracy: The StrikeZone™ nailing area is so easy to hit that a roofer placed 999 out of 1,000 nails correctly in our test.
- Stays In Place: Our legendary Dura Grip™ sealant pairs with the smooth microgranule surface of the StrikeZone™ nailing area for fast tack. Then, an asphalt-to asphalt monolithic bond cures for durability, strength, and exceptional wind uplift performance.
- Seamless compatibility: The new Timberline® HDZ™ Shingles are compatible with traditional Timberline HD® Shingles for the same look and feel homeowners and contractors rely on for beauty and endurance.
- Perfect Finishing Touch: For the best look, use TimberTex® Premium Ridge Cap Shingles or TimberCrest™ Premium SBS-Modified Ridge Cap Shingles.
TAMKO building products is a leading independent manufacturer of residential roofing shingles crafted with American pride for more than 75 years. At TAMKO, the popular Heritage® shingle series features the best roofing colors on the market that are backed by a brand name recognized for its rich history, core values of honesty and integrity, quality products and process, authority with building professionals and support for its community. To learn more about the benefits of TAMKO Heritage Series shingles please contact a Roof Right specialist today!
2. Slate Roofing Shingles
For Maryland homeowners that live in historic neighborhoods or want to have a stunning appearance, slate roofs are an attractive option. Besides their natural beauty, slate roofs can provide your home with incredible durability. In fact, slate roofs are known to last for more than 100 years!
3. Wood/Cedar Shingles
If you don’t prefer slate roofs but want another natural roofing product you may want to consider wood or cedar shingles. Shaker shingles are thicker and offer more texture for your home. Cedar shingles have a more smooth appearance and are identical in their shapes and sizes for a more consistent look on your home. While wood and cedar shingles are wind resistant they are not fire-resistant. They can also become damaged or weakened by excessive rain and moisture.
4. Metal Roofing
There are plenty of reasons why homeowners elect to install a metal roof on their home, including its durability. A metal roof can provide a homeowner with a solution that can last up to 50 years, require little maintenance, and can oftentimes be repainted versus being replaced. In regards to Maryland weather, a metal roof can even withstand wind, rain, hail, and even fire! The only downside to a metal roof is that they do cost more!
Need help finding the best roofing shingles for Maryland Weather?
If you are a homeowner that needs help finding the best roofing shingles for your home, contact Roof Right today! We offer free estimates and would be happy to answer any questions you have regarding roofing shingles and any other home exterior projects you have in mind!