Roof Repair Services
Roof Right Roof Repair Services
Is your roof leaking? Do you have water spots on the walls or ceilings? Have you noticed rotten wood on your home? Do you have leaks around your chimney or skylights? Are you looking for fast and affordable residential roof repairs in Maryland? If so, then you may need to repair or replace your roof before the damage escalates.
Getting a roof repaired is something most homeowners dread, and when the roof does need repair it is important to get not only the finest quality materials available but the best price on installing those materials as well. Contact Roof Right today to learn more about our residential roof repair services for residential homeowners in Maryland.
Common Roof Repair Services We Offer
Background: Septic vent pipes typically stick out the back slope of your roof and ventilate your home’s septic system. A pipe boot/jack is installed over top of the pipe. The tight fit of the rubber keeps it watertight. Over time, the rubber shrinks and dry rots which allows water to get down the pipe causing a leak.
Repair: When the dome of the boot and the surrounding area of shingles and sheeting are not compromised a repair gasket or collar can be installed over top of the pipe to seal the area. This will provide leak protection until the roof is replaced. If the leak has caused damage to the surrounding area and plywood, at that point, the entire pipe boot would need to be replaced.
Pipe Boot / Pipe Jack
Background: Septic vent pipes typically stick out the back slope of your roof and ventilate your home’s septic system. A pipe boot/jack is installed over top of the pipe. The tight fit of the rubber keeps it
Repair: When a repair collar is not an appropriate fix due to the condition of the boot or surrounding area, the entire boot would need to be replaced.
- Remove the shingles surrounding the boot.
- Inspect for wood rot and replace.
- Install a rubber membrane around the pipe.
- Install the new pipe boot
- Install new shingles to match as close as possible
Ridge Vent Replacement
Background: Ridge vents exhaust the attic air through the top of the roof. Proper ventilation is good for the home,
Repair: Install a new exterior baffled ridge vent with manufacturer ridge vents. All nails must be nailed down by hand as it requires a
Benefits of Ridge Ventilation
Air movement is the key to efficient ventilation to help eliminate damaging conditions in your attic. Ridge vents provide constant airflow along the entire underside of the roof to help remove heat and moisture.
Attic and roof temperatures can soar as high as 160 degrees in the summer. This over heated air can damage roof structures and shingles, as well as increase cooling costs in the home. Ridge ventilation can create
Excess moisture can be as damaging as too much heat. In today’s tightly constructed homes, moisture can accumulate in the attic causing mold, mildew and wood rot. Ridge vent systems work year round to ventilate the attic.
Background: Skylights leak for a variety of reasons. Leaks can develop around the perimeter of the glass if the glazing fails or more commonly they leak around the perimeter due to the flashing or lack
- Remove the surrounding shingles and skylight
- Inspect for any wood rot and replace bad wood.
- Install Ice & Water guard around the perimeter of the skylight
- Install Velux Brand Skylight with custom flashing kit
- Install new shingles around the skylight to match as close as possible
Valley Replacement for a Asphalt Shingle Roof
Background: Valleys are when two different roof lines come together and make a “v” and it creates a place for leaves, sticks, snow
- Remove shingles on both sides of the valley
- Inspect for wood rot and replace bad wood.
- Install valley metal
- Install Ice & Water guard rubber membrane
- Install new shingles
Valley Replacement for a slate roof
- Remove slates on both sides of the valley
- Inspect for wood rot and replace the bad wood
- Install Ice & Water Guard rubber membrane
- Install a copper valley (copper must be used with slate roofs)
- Install new slates on both sides of the valley
Siding Wall Flashing Background: Driving rain forces water behind siding The water runs down in between the wall and the siding to the roof-wall junction. If there’s no step flashing or if it is installed incorrectly it will cause a leak and interior damage. Other roofers will also
- Remove siding and keep intact
- Remove & dispose of shingles and flashing
- Cut the house wrap (if it’s there) so the new materials can be installed behind it.
- Install ice and water guard rubber membrane on the roof 12″ and up the wall 6″ and is tucked behind the house wrap.
- Install new shingles to match as close as possible
- Install new black step flashing between each course of shingles
- Fold the house wrap over the ice and water shield and new step flashing.
- Re-install the siding
Masonry Wall Flashing Background: Driving rain forces water through masonry. Often times contractors will simply face nail step flashing or coil stock and is caulked along the seem. When the caulk fails, water gets behind the flashing and runs down the roof wall junction.
- Remove and dispose of the shingles and flashing
- Spray seal the masonry with Siloxane Sealant
- Install Ice & Water guard rubber membrane on the roof 12″ and up the wall 6″ and seal to the wall.
- Install new shingles to match as close as possible.
- Install new black step flashing between each course of shingles and seal with Vulkem roof sealant
- Cut riglet into the masonry joints in a step style
fashonand fill with sealant
- Install new counter-flashing pressed into the
- Seal the exterior of the counter flashing
For Roof Repair Services We Go Above and Beyond
When you hire Roof Right to repair or replace your roof, we will not only meet your expectations but also exceed them. Here are some of the benefits you’ll receive when you choose to work with Roof Right:
- Free Pet Care.
- Replacement of floodlights.
- Discounts for military, police, teachers, and seniors.
- Painted exterior pipes.
- Bathroom fan vents run through the roof to prevent excess moisture.
- 100% financing with Synchrony Financial.
Our commitment to high standards of customer service and our ability to always go above and beyond for our clients has generated recognition for Roof Right as a trusted residential roofing contractor in Maryland. For instance, Roof Right has earned the Angie’s List Super Service award 10 years in a row! This prestigious award is reserved for extraordinary contractors who reach the top 5% on Angie’s List. We also have a 98% overall satisfaction rating on Guild Quality.
Roof Right Residential Roofing 17 Point Inspection
When you pay someone to fix or install your roof, you want to ensure that the job is done right the first time. At Roof Right, our contractors work painstakingly to ensure your roof will withstand the elements for many years.
For roofing repairs, we undergo a 17-point inspection to thoroughly assess the condition of your roof. No one wants to get one problem fixed only to have another one pop up. When you are dealing with roof leaks, curling shingles, torn flashings, pooling water, or some other problem, we will use the best available techniques to provide you with long-lasting repairs.
Contact Roof Right For Roof Repair Services
To receive a free estimate on our roof repair services please reach out via the following contact information. A Roof Right team member will get back to you as soon as we can.